Past "Raising the Bar" Honorees:
9-25-2019 - "Risk Takers: Women Lawyers Who Raise the Bar by Overcoming Fear to Take on New Challenges."
- Carrie Ann Lucas, Posthumous Awards, Disability Rights Advocate Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Kathy Nesbitt, Vice President for Administration, University of Colorado Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Liz Oertle, CEO and Co-Founder, Nanno, inc. Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Amy Padden, Supervising Adult Diversion Prosecutor and Deputy District Attorney, Colorado Fifth Judicial District Attorney's Office Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Emma Shinn, Criminal Defense Counsel and Principal Attorney, Shinn Law Office, LLC Link to Honoree YouTube Video
9-11-2018 - Honoring "Women Lawyers Who Raise the Bar Through Promoting and Elevating Women and Girls."
9-14-2017 - Honoring "Women Lawyers Who Raise the Bar Through Systemic Reform or Innovation."
- Miko Brown, Partner, Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Alli Gerkman, Director of IAALS "Educating Tomorrow's Lawyers" Program Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Honorable Beth Elliott-Dumler, Magistrate, 18th Judicial District Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Iris Eytan, Partner, Eytan Nielsen LLC Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Charlotte Sweeney, Partner, Sweeney and Bechtold, LLC Link to Honoree YouTube Video
9-8-2016 - Honoring "Women Lawyers Who Raise the Bar by Maintaining a Significant and Sustained Commitment to Pro Bono Services"
9-10-2015 - Honoring "Women to Watch: Five Female Attorneys Who Will Make An Impact Over The Next 10 Years"
- Lucy Hojo Denson, Associate Attorney, Hinds and Hinds Family Law, P.C. Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Christina Gomez, Partner, Holland & Hart LLP Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Tamara F. Goodlette, Partner, Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Mari Newman, Partner, Kilmer, Lane & Newman Link to Honoree YouTube Video
- Cynthia Coffman, Colorado Attorney General
- Cristal Torres DeHerrera, Deputy City Attorney, City and County of Denver
- Janet Stansberry Drake, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Special Prosecutions Unit, Colorado Attorney General's Office
- Carolyn J. Fairless, Managing Partner, Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell, LLP
- Patricia M. Jarzobski, The Law Office of Patricia M. Jarzobski P.C.
9-04-2014 - Honoring "Legal Educators Who Have Raised the Bar"
- Emily Calhoun, Professor of Law, University of Colorado Law School
- Melissa Hart, Professor of Law, Director of the Byron R. White Center,
University of Colorado Law School
- Marianne Wesson, Professor of Law and President’s Teaching Scholar,
Schaden Chair of Experiential Learning, University of Colorado Law School
- Sheila Hyatt, Professor of Law, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Lucy Marsh, Professor of Law, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Catherine Smith, Professor of Law, Associate Dean of Institutional Diversity and Inclusiveness, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
9-12-2013 - Honoring "Lawyers Who Have Raised the Bar in Protecting and Advocating for Children"
- The Honorable Kathy Delgado, District Court Judge, 17th Judicial District,
State of Colorado
- Kathy Gebhardt, CEO, Children’s Voices, Inc.
- Wadine Gehrke, Retired Professor, DU Sturm College of Law
- Diana Goldberg, Executive Director, Sungate Kids
- Theresa Spahn, Partner, Wedgle & Spahn, and founding Executive Director of the Office of the Child’s Representative
- Stephanie Villafuerte, Director, Children’s Law Center
9-06-2012 - Honoring the "Second Wave," the second generation of women attorneys who continue to
“raise the bar” after the first generation of women trailblazers.
- The Honorable Christine M. Arguello, U.S. District Court Judge for the
District of Colorado
- Anne J. Castle, Assistant Secretary for Water and Science,
U.S. Department of the Interior
- Leslie A. Fields, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Carrie L. Thompson, Colorado Public Defender, Colorado Springs
- Doris B. Truhlar, Truhlar and Truhlar L.L.P.
- Gina B. Weitzenkorn, Mills & Weitzenkorn, P.C.
9-01-2011 - Honoring Colorado Women "Famous Firsts"
9-01-2010 - Honoring "Colorado Women Lawyer Leaders In Nonprofit Organizations"
- Hon. Jean Dubofsky, First female Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court
- Gale Norton, First female Attorney General in Colorado, First female Interior Secretary of the United States
- Pat Schroeder, First female U.S. Representative from Colorado
- Pamela A. Gagel, Assistant Director, Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System
- Rebecca Love Kourlis, Executive Director, Institute for the Advancement
of the American Legal System
- Kathleen B. Nalty, Executive Director, Colorado Campaign for Inclusive Excellence
- Katherine Peck, Vice President, Gill Foundation
- Diana Poole, Executive Director, Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado
- Shari F. Shink, Founder and President, Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
- Constance C. Talmage, Executive Director, Colorado Lawyers Committee.
9-02-2009 - Honoring "Colorado's Women Lawyer Leaders in Government"
- Jane Brautigam, Boulder City Manager
- Congresswoman Diana DeGette
- Cary Kennedy, Colorado State Treasurer
- Leigh Meigs, Mayor, City of Durango
- Stephanie Y. O'Malley, Denver Clerk & Recorder
- Nancy Severson, Manager Denver Dept. of Environmental Health
- Susie Velasquez, Weld County Public Trustee
9-09-2008 - Honoring "Colorado's Former And Present Women Chief or Presiding Judge"
Karen Ashby, Roxain Bailin, Mary Celeste, Janice Davidson, Sharon Hansen, Marcia Krieger, Mary Mullarkey, Connie Peterson, Cheryl Post, Stephanie Seymour, Jean Stewart, Deanell Reece Tacha
9-11-2007 - Honoring CWBA "Founding Mothers" and "Colorado Women Firefighters, In Tribute of 9-11"
- Susan Barnes, Kathy Bonham, Wendy Davis, Cathlin Donnell, Natalie Ellwood, Pam Gordon, Amy Greenfield, Mary Hoagland, Barbara Jacoby, Frances A. Koncilja, Leslie Lawson, Eileen Lerman, Karen Mathis, Beth McCann, Nancy Miller, Connie Peterson, Sandy Rothenberg, Zita Weinshienk, Jo Ann Weinstein; plus Colorado Women Firefighters
9-12-2006 - Honoring "Three Dynamic Women Lawyers Celebrating Three Important Roles"
- Karen Mathis, ABA President
- Elizabeth Starrs, CBA President
- Vanessa Walton, CWBA President